Wednesday 10 February 2010

the orchard





we moved out of our orchard house almost a year ago now. i dreamt i still lived there for months and months. I saw these photos yesterday and it made me think of home. it also made me think of inspiration- and what inspires me- what I steal from! I thought i'd share the pics, and i'll keep sharing. I have a folder on my computer that I drop things into to look at when I am starting a new project. do you do that? it works rather well to open it up and look at what you've collected over the weeks. Certain things always stand out to me, like a colour that links everything together. It reminds me of going hunting as a child- collecting all sorts of treasure- coloured feathers and discarded things. so here is my treasure for the day. When I look at the picture of the table I can't help but imagine what I'd add to it-and thus the process has begun.The wonderful photographer is called Jill Thomas

No comments: