Tuesday 22 December 2009

all is bright


last weekend a magical moment happened. I was sitting at the table on the deck of my sisters holiday house facing the house. I could see that through the window winnie the poo had come on telly. I said 'look there's winnie the poo', my four year old niece looked out into the garden and said 'where? where?'. I had to hold my breath. all the beauty in all the world was right there at that table. My sisters house has a stream running through the garden, so it makes sense that winnie would like it there.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about that moment. when is it that we stop believing like children, stop believing in fairy tales and the impossible. this christmas morning i will wake up knowing that impossible can be possible. that fairy tales happen. that little babies can save the world.

1 comment:

 Viv said...

Oh my, this is such a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Such a lovely story. Thank you for sharing and I hope your christmas was a beautiful one.